Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
AFCEA DC Conferences
AFCEA DC Cybersecurity Symposium 2013
Friday - 2/22/2013, 12:17pm EST
AFCEA DC's Cybersecurity Symposium explores the state of U.S. cyber preparedness from a matrixed team perspective - CYBERCOM, DoD, DHS and other civilian agencies, and the private sector, all working together. The event focuses on efforts that can close the gaps to coordination, collaboration and information sharing.
The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp broadcast live from AFCEA DC's 2013 Cybersecurity Symposium.
Listen to our interviews with conference attendees below.
executive vice president
AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium took place in Washington, D.C. today. Retired General John Dubia, executive vice president of AFCEA International, attended both keynote addresses at the event. The first was with Air Force Major General Brett Williams, the director of operations, J-3 of United States Cyber Command. The second was with Eric Rosenbach, deputy assistant secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy. Federal News Radio asked him if there were any common themes between the two speeches.
Cybersecurity is one area across government where spending is likely to continue to rise despite tightening budgets. AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium is examining the government's cyber preparedness. Federal News Radio broadcast live from the event. We spoke with Brian Roach, president of AFCEA DC and vice president of federal at Juniper Networks, about the goals of the event.
director of operations
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Leaders of U.S. Cyber Command are trying to figure how to normalize operations alongside air, land and sea capabilities. That's according to Maj. Gen. Brett Williams, the director of operations for the four-year-old command. We spoke to him at the AFCEA D.C. Cyber Conference on Friday, where he gave the keynote address.