Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
AFCEA DC Conferences
AFCEA DC Cybersecurity Symposium 2013
Friday - 2/22/2013, 12:17pm EST
The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp broadcast live from AFCEA DC's 2013 Cybersecurity Symposium.
Listen to our interviews with conference attendees below.
executive vice president
AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium took place in Washington, D.C. today. Retired General John Dubia, executive vice president of AFCEA International, attended both keynote addresses at the event. The first was with Air Force Major General Brett Williams, the director of operations, J-3 of United States Cyber Command. The second was with Eric Rosenbach, deputy assistant secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy. Federal News Radio asked him if there were any common themes between the two speeches.
Cybersecurity is one area across government where spending is likely to continue to rise despite tightening budgets. AFCEA DC's 4th Annual Cybersecurity Symposium is examining the government's cyber preparedness. Federal News Radio broadcast live from the event. We spoke with Brian Roach, president of AFCEA DC and vice president of federal at Juniper Networks, about the goals of the event.
director of operations
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Leaders of U.S. Cyber Command are trying to figure how to normalize operations alongside air, land and sea capabilities. That's according to Maj. Gen. Brett Williams, the director of operations for the four-year-old command. We spoke to him at the AFCEA D.C. Cyber Conference on Friday, where he gave the keynote address.