Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
You do not appear to have Flash installed, or the version is too old. In order to enjoy our video experience, please install the most recent version of Adobe Flash.
Tripwire is a leading global provider of risk-based security and compliance management solutions, enabling enterprises, government agencies and service providers to effectively connect security to their business. Tripwire provides the broadest set of foundational security controls includingsecurity configuration management, vulnerability management, file integrity monitoring, log andevent management. Tripwire solutions deliver unprecedented visibility, business context and security business intelligence allowing extended enterprises to protect sensitive data from breaches, vulnerabilities, and threats. Learn more at www.tripwire.com, get security news, trends and insights at http://www.tripwire.com/state-of-security/ or follow us on Twitter @TripwireInc.
Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
Thursday - 9/19/2013, 6:07pm EDT
How are agencies tackling the threats and vulnerabilities inherent in today's
technology dependent government?
Continuous monitoring provides nearly real-time information in the face of cyber attacks and is essential for senior leaders making ongoing risk-based decisions that affect critical mission and business functions. OMB mandates and NIST guidelines require agencies to establish oversight mechanisms to evaluate systematically and ensure the continuing security, interoperability, and availability of systems and agency data. Tune into this interactive discussion to learn about the current state of risk management and how agencies are using continuous monitoring to maintain situational awareness of information security and organizational risk.
You'll hear from leaders in government and industry as they discuss:
- NIST guidelines on information security continuous monitoring as a component of risk management.
- Threat and attack trends affecting the need for greater information assurance.
- A how-to for compliance with federal legislation, directives, regulations and standards using continuous monitoring.
Moderator: Francis Rose - Host of In Depth, Federal News Radio
Joe Albaugh - Associate CIO and CISO, Department of Transportation
Bill Lay - Deputy CIO for Information Assurance and CISO, State Department
Chase Garwood - Acting CIO, Small Business Administration
Dwayne Melancon - CTO, Tripwire
Jim Pflaging - Managing Director, The Chertoff Group