Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Navy, Thursdays, 11:30 a.m.
Agency of the Month examines the many important facets of government agencies. Each month, Federal News Radio speaks with top executives from a specific agency about the issues most important to its mission. The Agency of the Month for September 2013 - the Department of the Navy.
Navy moves forward with next-gen AEGIS system
Wednesday - 9/25/2013, 5:24pm EDT
Captain Jim Kilby is the Navy's Deputy for Ballistic Missile Defense, AEGIS and Destroyers in the Surface Warfare Directorate.
In this week's edition of Agency of the Month, Captain Kilby details the latest progress on the next-gen AEGIS system with Federal News Radio's Sean McCalley.
Captain Kilby is a 1986 graduate of the United States Naval Academy. His initial sea tours were in USS SAMPSON (DDG 10) as Boilers Officer and Assistant Navigator and USS PHILIPPINE SEA (CG 58) as Fire Control Officer.
In 1994, he reported to USS SAN JACINTO (CG 56), as Operations Officer and, again, in 2000 as Executive Officer.
In 2004, Kilby assumed command of USS RUSSELL (DDG 59) where he was selected as the 2005 Pacific Fleet recipient of the VADM James B. Stockdale Inspirational Leadership Award.
Kilby assumed command of USS MONTEREY (CG 61) in 2009 and deployed as the first ship to support the European Phased Adaptive Approach for Ballistic Missile Defense.
His shore tours include the Naval Postgraduate School, Executive Assistant for the Land Attack Warfare Brach Head (N864) and Flag Aide to the Director, Surface Warfare (N86) from 1997 to 1999. He was the CRUDESLANT Placement Officer, Head, Surface Placement Officer and Assistant Surface Captain Detailer from 2001 to 2004. In 2006 he reported to the Aegis BMD Program Office, Missile Defense Agency where he served as the Joint Maritime Operations Department Head and Chief of Staff.
CAPT Kilby is currently assigned as the Deputy for Ballistic Missile Defense and AEGIS in the Surface Warfare Directorate on the OPNAV Staff. Kilby was a 2008 Massachusetts Institute of Technology Seminar XXI Fellow.
His awards include the Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Defense Meritorious Service Medal and various other personal, unit and service awards. He and his wife Ivy have two sons; Zachary and Sam.