Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Budget, financial management key DoD issues
Wednesday - 2/29/2012, 5:56pm EST
With hearings on Capitol Hill this week examining the Pentagon's 2013 budget request, navigating the DoD budget and other financial issues is key for the department.
And the scaleback and other cuts in the official request do not amount to "feel-good proposals" for many lawmakers, Tucker said.
Tucker also discussed the threat of across-the-board sequestration cuts, which Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has called a meat-axe and Tucker himself call a "sword of Damocles" hanging over the department.
In addition, Tucker provided an update of the Pentagon's progress to have some of its books auditable by 2014.