Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Budget, financial management key DoD issues
Wednesday - 2/29/2012, 5:56pm EST
With hearings on Capitol Hill this week examining the Pentagon's 2013 budget request, navigating the DoD budget and other financial issues is key for the department.
And the scaleback and other cuts in the official request do not amount to "feel-good proposals" for many lawmakers, Tucker said.
Tucker also discussed the threat of across-the-board sequestration cuts, which Defense Secretary Leon Panetta has called a meat-axe and Tucker himself call a "sword of Damocles" hanging over the department.
In addition, Tucker provided an update of the Pentagon's progress to have some of its books auditable by 2014.