Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Financial troubles leading cause of security clearance loss
Thursday - 12/15/2011, 7:39am EST
Defense.gov reports that financial problems are the number one cause for security clearance loss, which might keep troops from doing their jobs.
Holly Petraeus is the director of the consumer Financial Protection Bureau's Office of Servicemember Affairs. She spoke at the Financial Fitness Forum, which was a way for her office to get more information about the problems troops and their families face. A bad credit rating, the rough housing market and poor financial management are just a few of the issues. She says the idea is to find ways to empower and educate military members.
Petraeus grew up in a military family and her husband is retired Army Gen. David Petraeus, now the CIA director.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.