Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Another GOP senator backs Hagel for defense post
Saturday - 2/2/2013, 6:16pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A second Republican senator says he will back former Sen. Chuck Hagel as the next Pentagon chief.
Nebraska's senior senator, Mike Johanns, says he believes Hagel will be a strong supporter of Israel and other allies of the U.S. and will be firm with America's enemies.
Johanns tells the Lincoln Journal Star that he believes Hagel earned his endorsement.
Johanns says he decided to back Hagel after the former Nebraska senator's confirmation hearing and after meeting with him.
Some Republican senators have said they will vote against confirming Hagel. Hagel has been criticized as not being tough enough on Iran or sufficiently supportive of Israel.
Johanns joins Republican Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi in supporting Hagel's nomination. Senate Democrats hold the majority, and none has voiced opposition to Hagel's appointment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)