Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Senate confirms key positions in Commerce, HUD, DHS
Friday - 3/30/2012, 11:44am EDT
Commerce: Rebecca M. Blank was confirmed as deputy secretary. Since June 2009, Blank served as under secretary for economic affairs and head of the Economics and Statistics Administration. According to the Commerce website, Blank's work helped net $1.6 billion in savings in 2010 for the agency.
Housing and Urban Development: Maurice A. Jones was confirmed as deputy secretary. Jones is the president and publisher of Pilot Media, which publishes the Virginian-Pilot and other newspapers. During the Clinton administration, Jones served as legal counsel, deputy director for policy and programs, and director of the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund at the Department of the Treasury.
Homeland Security Department: Margaret Ann Sherry was confirmed as chief financial officer.