Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
SES mobility not 'musical chairs'
Wednesday - 3/14/2012, 11:19pm EDT
The report found 48 percent of SES members had never changed their positions after becoming an SES member.
Bonosaro said having SES mobility would never be "absolute." But right now SESers and those wanting to enter the SES do not have the mechanisms to do work at other agencies.
"I think there's a way to achieve more mobility ... but not with the notion that it's going to be musical chairs," she said.
In the second half of the program, Federal Times Senior Writers Stephen Losey and Sean Reilly discussed what Congress has in store for federal workers and retirees. They also discussed buyouts, downsizing in the Postal Service, and threats to the retirement system that could impact current employees.