Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Feb. 5, 2014
Wednesday - 2/5/2014, 4:45pm EST
Deputy Chief Financial Officer
The Defense Department believes it's on the right track to reach auditability in 2017. One of the key elements of that is getting its pay system functioning well. DoD's DIMHRS system was supposed to do that, but the Pentagon canceled it after it spent billions of dollars on the system and had nothing to show for it. Former Defense Department Comptrollers say the complexity of the DoD pay system, especially for uniformed personnel, is one of the biggest challenges to a streamlined and modernized process. Host Francis Rose talked to Mark Easton, deputy chief financial officer at DoD, at the Pentagon this morning for today's edition of Pentagon Solutions. He explained exactly why the DoD pay system is so complex and what DoD is up against that private sector organizations and even other agencies don't have to deal with.
The departure of Frank Wolf in the House of Representatives may also be the end of the bipartisan coalition of legislators from the D.C. area who stood up for Federal employees. Unless a Republican replaces Rep. Frank Wolf (R-Va.), all the members that represent D.C. and the Maryland and Virginia areas around D.C. will be Democrats. Host Francis Rose asked Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) whether all-Democratic voices in a Republican House could impact federal employees.
Director of Key Executive Leadership Programs
You and your colleagues in government take criticism for risk aversion all the time. But that character flaw may actually be a strength.
Program Manager, Virtual Student Foreign Service
Fresh talent from universities across the country is coming into the State Department. The Virtual Student Foreign Service is preparing a new generation of diplomats. Bridget Roddy is program manager of the Virtual Student Foreign Service in the State Department's Office of E-Diplomacy.
Federal News Radio
The new commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service says his agency is understaffed and underfunded in every one of its mission areas. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu has more on John Koskinen's plea to Congress for more resources.
Federal News Radio
Inconsistency among how inspector generals review agency cybersecurity is causing a reality gap. The progress many agencies are making to secure their systems are not reflected in the annual reports to Congress by auditors. Federal News Radio executive editor Jason Miller explores why there is a disconnect and what's being done to close it.
Also on the Show: