Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Feb. 3, 2014
Monday - 2/3/2014, 4:59pm EST
Senior Advisor and Fellow
Center for a New American Security
The very uniformed leaders the Pentagon needs to lead in difficult times are some of the leaders that are leaving the military. That school of thought is one that's gaining credence in Washington. Gen. David Barno, senior fellow and co-director of the Responsible Defense Program at the Center for a New American Security, was the first Commander of Combined Forces Command Afghanistan.
Federal News Radio
Federal chief information officers won't see any new government-wide initiatives when the White House issues its fiscal 2015 budget request next month. The Office of Management and Budget annual budget passback guidance focuses on ongoing programs instead. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller has exclusive details on what OMB is telling agencies to do with technology for 2014.
Director of Strategic Issues
Government Accountability Office
The federal government is still a good place to look for jobs, according to the Government Accountability Office. The GAO is taking a look at the overall federal employment numbers and they're on the rise.
Retirement announcements that affect your agency are coming fast, but they're not all coming from your agency. A lot of them are coming from Capitol Hill.
Federal News Radio
The Social Security Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency are reshaping their work forces. Agencies across government can use early outs and buyouts to encourage you and your colleagues to leave and save them money. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says it's the best season of the year for these moves.
Also on the Show: