Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Jan. 21, 2014
Tuesday - 1/21/2014, 5:35pm EST
Chief Acquisition Officer & Chief Financial Officer
Small Business Administration
An avalanche of data is available for performance managers across government. Collating and analyzing that data is now job one for those managers. Jon Carver, associate administrator for performance management, chief acquisition officer and chief financial officer at the Small Business Administration, says they have a mantra at SBA.
Government and Public Affairs Director
Federal Managers Association
A fully appropriated budget is giving federal managers something they haven't had in a while -- a sense, at least, of stability moving into 2014.
Topside Consulting Group
There is a lesson for you to learn from Inspector Clouseau of the Pink Panther movies, never assume. Bob Woods, president of Topside Consulting and former federal official at the General Services Administration and Veteran Affairs and Transportation Departments, is writing about the lesson you should learn from the Inspector on Federal News Radio.
Coalition for Government Procurement
Federal News Radio
The Department of Defense says it's still assessing the proper place for commercial cloud computing in the military, and the right acquisition strategy to procure those services. It's been two months since the Pentagon told vendors it needed to rethink its approach to buying cloud computing services from commercial providers.
Federal News Radio
The Transportation Department is trying to fix a leadership problem that has plagued the government for a long time. The agency will stop promoting employees to leadership positions based on tenure or expertise and will promote based on leadership ability. Brian Crew is the associate director for human capital planning and solutions at the Transportation Department. He tells Executive Editor Jason Miller about how DoT plans to improve the training of current and future managers.
Also on the Show:
- E-Gov Fund continues to stand
alone, gets boost to $16M (Federal News Radio)
Announces Major Investments in the Nation's Public Buildings (GSA)
- Facilities Feel Budget Pinch (USPS)
- USPS falling behind in upkeep of postal facilities, auditors say (Federal News Radio)