Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - January 10, 2014
Friday - 1/10/2014, 4:12pm EST
John Palguta, vice president of the Partnership for Public Service, and Mark Forman of Government Transaction Services counted down the top federal stories of the week with host Francis Rose on Federal News Countdown.
Veteran Documentary Corps
The all-volunteer force makes for a stronger military, according to most military officers and observers. And no one expects a draft again any time soon. But the down side to that is a looser and looser connection between the average citizen and the military's uniformed personnel. One Navy reservist is trying to bring some understanding back into public consciousness. Lt. Cmdr. Daniel Bernardi is director of the Veteran Documentary Corps.
Senior Benefits Director
National Institute of Transition Planning
Federal retirees don't have to worry about the specter of a chained CPI, at least not yet. But that doesn't mean some other changes could be on the way that could have a big impact on your retirement plans.
Related Links: CBO Report: Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2014 to 2023
Federal News Radio
Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code
Your own smartphone could be the biggest security weakness for your agency this year. Howard Schmidt is former cyber-security coordinator of the Obama Administration. He's now executive director of Software Assurance Forum for Excellence in Code and a partner in the strategic advisory firm Ridge-Schmidt Cyber.
Schmidt picks his t top three cybersecurity trends for 2014:
1. Targeting mobile devices will increase as use of mobile devices are increasingly used in the business world.
2. Exploitation of software for zero-day vulnerabilities will become big business at the same time software developers will take key steps to develop software that have less vulnerabilities and more secure.
3. While the cloud providers continue to build more and better security, the focus for exploitation will move to the end user as the weakest link.