Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - Jan. 9, 2013
Thursday - 1/9/2014, 5:21pm EST
Allen Federal Business Partners
The Small Business Administration is proposing what some people call the death sentence for one government contractor, and that company won't be the last one. Larry Allen, president of Allen Federal Business Partners, wrote about Micro Tech in his newsletter this week. He was Francis Rose's guest on Industry Chatter.
Director of Homeland Security and Justice Issues
Government Accountability Office
The budget requests from the Homeland Security Department are confusing Congress. DHS has a hard time explaining the difference between mission and management programs. David Maurer, director of Homeland Security and Justice Issues at the Government Accountability Office, is trying to figure out that difference for Congress.
Four high level departures at the General Services Administration have the Federal business community buzzing. My colleague Tom Temin from Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp says people who say there's something going on may be missing something.
Related Story: GSA losing four key senior executives
Director of consulting
Federal agencies are looking at downsizing and relocation to save money and work more efficiently. It's part of the government-wide campaign to freeze the federal real estate footprint. Bob Peck, director of consulting at Gensler and former commissioner of the Public Buildings Service at the General Services Administration, picks his Top 3 Federal Building Trends for 2014
Senior Vice President
The death of the General Schedule system could be on the horizon. Some are calling for major updates and some want a new system altogether. One of the GS critics is Jeff Neal, senior vice president of ICF International and former chief human capital officer and the Department of Homeland Security.
Federal News Radio
The military's top National Guard official says the Army and Air National Guard have never been more trained and ready than they are right now, and service leaders are having no trouble recruiting and retaining sailors and airmen. But that could change quickly if the force becomes idle after military operations in Afghanistan come to an end.
Federal News Radio
Agencies are wasting hundreds of billions of dollars each year because Congress isn't doing its job. That was the simple message from Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) today. Coburn continued to beat the drum that change must start at home if the government is going to control its spending.
Also on the Show: