Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - December 16, 2013
Monday - 12/16/2013, 5:08pm EST
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
The White House is scrapping an idea to split the leadership of the National Security Agency and U.S. Cyber Command between two different people. The administration has until this spring to find a replacement for General Keith Alexander who is the outgoing leader of the two agencies. Retired Maj. Gen. Dale Meyerrose, U.S. Air Force, is president of MeyerRose Group and former Chief Information Officer at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Director of Homeland Security and Justice Issues
Government Accountability Office
A leadership vacuum at the Homeland Security Department could be draining morale across the entire agency. About 40 percent of all political appointee positions are empty or held by an acting official. David Maurer told the House Homeland Security Committee what GAO has found, and some possible fixes for DHS' morale problems.
The Senate will vote this week on the budget deal Congressional negotiators finished last week. The House passed it by a huge majority. David Hawkings, senior editor at Roll Call, says the budget deal isn't a budget, and there's a lot more work to be done.
Federak News Radio
The Senate will vote this week on the new budget proposal that passed the House by a huge margin. That agreement doesn't touch your pay and benefits, but some federal employees still don't like it. Federal News Radio's Senior Correspondent Mike Causey uses a very unusual test in his column to gauge the reception from feds on the budget deal.
Also on the show:
- With budget agreement nearly a done deal, focus turns to appropriations (Federal News Radio)
- Richard Spires joins Resilient Network Systems as new CEO (Federal News Radio)
- Budget legislation gains GOP support (Federal News Radio