Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - November 20, 2013
Wednesday - 11/20/2013, 5:36pm EST
Chief Executive Officer
On Pentagon Solutions, plugs at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service are fake numbers employees use to fill holes in the books of the various parts of DoD. Reuters reports many parts of the Pentagon use plugs, the official name is unsubstantiated change actions, to make DFAS books balance with Treasury's books. Retired Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Arnold Punaro, chief executive officer of the Punaro Group and a member of the Defense Business Board, has been following problems in DFAS for a long time. He says the news service isn't the only organization with an eye on DFAS.
Cyber Security Division Director
Department of Homeland Security
Success stories of agencies working with private sector partners include developing safety standards for the Internet that external stakeholders would be comfortable with. That interaction is sometimes delicate, sometimes outright shaky. As part of our special report, A New Era in Technology, Doug Maughan, director of the Cyber Security Division at the Science and Technology Directorate at the Homeland Security Department, says his agency is getting everyone involved.
Chief Human Capital Officer
Social Security Administration
The last remaining member of the first Chief Human Capital Officers Council can also boast one of the most diverse agencies in all of the federal government. Dr. Reginald Wells is the CHCO for the Social Security Administration and the guest for this week's Agency of the Month. He told Federal News Radio's Sean McCalley the start of the CHCO Council helped guide many of the workplace initiatives that are making SSA a model of workplace diversity.
Federal News Radio
Commercial best practices could help the Navy buy higher quality warships, according to the Government Accountability Office. The GAO says the Navy must be more proactive about when and how the Navy points out quality deficiencies with defense contractors. Congress asked GAO to conduct an investigation because of a recent string of warships with quality issues.
Federal News Radio
The first major software publisher in the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative is Microsoft. The General Services Administration released a task order today to create a contract from which all agencies can buy software and services. Federal News Radio's executive editor Jason Miller shares details of GSA's plans.
Also on the Show:
Shipbuilding: Opportunities Exist to Improve Practices Affecting Quality
- Committee reports
Secretary of DHS Nomination to Full Senate (Senate Homeland Security &
Governmental Affairs Committee)
- OMB sets 2017 as
deadline to move to dynamic cybersecurity (Federal News Radio)
- GSA to bring Microsoft under
strategic sourcing umbrella (Federal News Radio)
- Endless Afghanistan? US-Afghan agreement would keep troops in place and funds flowing, perhaps indefinitely (NBC)