Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - November 4, 2013
Monday - 11/4/2013, 4:19pm EST
On the show today:
Federal News Radio
The latest plan from the Homeland Security Department is putting them at odds with some in the private sector. The plan is the second to secure private sector critical infrastructure systems. Even after dozens of meetings, some in industry say DHS isn't listening or incorporating their ideas into the National Infrastructure Protection Plan, or NIPP. Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller is here with exclusive details on why DHS and industry aren't seeing eye-to-eye.
Federal News Radio
Your Thrift Savings Plan account got bigger in October — even though the government was closed. Every fund in the TSP went up in October for the second month in a row. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the good month in October might be just the beginning of the good news for you and your colleagues in government.
Click here for Mike Causey's latest column
Director of Physical Infrastructure Issues
Government Accountability Office
The Federal Protective Service is your agency's first defense from an attack like the Navy Yard Shooting. But the FPS might not have the skills it needs to meet that type of security challenge, according to a new report from the Government Accountability Office. Mark Goldstein, director of physical infrastructure issues at GAO, joins In Depth with more.
With the shutdown behind us, most of the news coming out of Capitol Hill is about HealthCare.gov. But a look at the Senate's calendar this week shows for the most part, Congress is back to normal at least business wise. David Hawkings, senior editor at Roll Call, joins In Depth with what's on the congressional agenda this week.
- Agency of the Month: DISA streamlines acquisition process to deliver technology to the field
- Ask the CIO: NWS getting out of commodity IT through cloud, shared services
- What shutdown? TSP ends October with strong showing
- Industry, DHS at odds over draft plan to secure critical infrastructure
- OMB, OPM tell agencies to take different approach on employee bonuses
- Hackers Target Obama's Tweets