Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - October 28, 2013
Monday - 10/28/2013, 5:11pm EDT
Federal Labor Relations Authority
In an era of sequestration and potential government shutdowns, it's more important than ever for agencies to understand the concerns of their workforce -- and vice versa. And, ideally before unions and management sit down for formal bargaining. In the spirit of "problem resolution," the National Council on Federal Labor Management Relations is developing some tools to help labor representatives and managers do just that. Julia Akins Clark is general counsel at the Federal Labor Relations Authority, one of the key players in the labor relations council.
Federal News Radio
The numbers don't lie -- federal employees apparently think the Thrift Savings Plan is a pretty good deal. Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey has been looking at the average value of TSP accounts. He tells Jared Serbu it's edging toward the six-figure mark.
Chief Operating Officer
The annual performance plan is out for the Inspector General's Office at the Department of Homeland Security. It includes a priority pyramid that maps out the biggest areas of concern for the IG. Carl Mann, chief operating officer for the DHS OIG, says there are three different sets of priorities on the pyramid.
Congress is getting back in the groove now the shutdown is over. Several potential areas of negotiation and compromise are on the table, first and foremost, haggling over a deal to head off another government shutdown.
Federal News Radio
A new management initiative at the Homeland Security Department aims to turn data into decision-making power. DHS plans to officially launch the Management Cube in early 2014.
Also on the Show: