Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - October 25, 2013
Friday - 10/25/2013, 5:26pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response
Health and Human Services Department
As the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy approaches, the Department of Health and Human Services will get input on improving recovery after natural disasters. A grant program will let eight organizations study recovery of various aspects of Sandy's aftermath. Dr. Nicole Lurie, assistant secretary for preparedness and response at HHS, says the recovery piece is where HHS wants to learn more.
Editor in Chief
Lead contractors on the Healthcare.gov project tell Congress the parts of the project they're responsible for are working the way they should. And the first hearing about the roll out of HealthCare.gov yesterday in the House Energy and Commerce Committee turned political really quickly. Tom Shoop, editor in chief of Government Executive Magazine, says this story isn't a story about politics.
Federal News Radio
As the Army builds up a force to operate in its newest warfighting domain - cyber - it's wrestling through a lot of tough questions. How big should the cyber force be? What's the right mix of soldiers, civilians and contractors? And how does DoD need to change its legacy personnel systems to bring the best possible talent on board? Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu has more on the Army's hunt for those answers.
Federal News Radio
Our top story on Federal News Radio this afternoon, House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa wants to let any American into the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey says the consequences for you and your Federal colleagues could be greater - and more expensive - than you think.
Also on the Show:
From left, Ron Sanders, vice president at Booz Allen, and Alan Paller, founder of the SANS Institute, counted down the week's top federal stories with Francis Rose. (Photo by Michael O'Connell/Federal News Radio)
On Federal News Countdown two experts in the world of the federal government choose and rank the three news stories from the current week that they think are most important to people who work for the federal government. This discussion gives federal employees and contractors a chance to hear what their peers are thinking about, talking about and dealing with. Ron Sanders, vice president at Booz Allen, and Alan Paller, founder of the SANS Institute, count down the week's top federal stories with Francis Rose.
- Request for Comments on Draft NIST
Interagency Report (NISTIR) 7628 Rev. 1, Guidelines for Smart Grid Cyber
Security (Federal Register)
- Technology and Innovation Enablers for Superiority in 2030
(Defense Science Board)
- McCormack heading back to DHS as its CIO
(Federal News Radio)
- Issa bill would open
FEHBP to all Americans, but at what cost? (Federal News Radio)
- Letter from OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan
- Feds get more time to give, as OPM extends CFC deadline (Federal News Radio)