Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - October 11, 2013
Friday - 10/11/2013, 6:05pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
You may be anxious to get back to work, even if you're not supposed to be at work. Now you have a place to do it. Kathlene Buchanan is the founder and chief executive officer of Metro Offices. She tells Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson why they're opening their doors to feds as long as the government's doors are closed.
The State Department says it's close to another round of furloughs because of the government shutdown. But the Defense civilian workforce is almost 95 percent back to work after its furlough days. And as other agencies bring people back, the Department of Veterans Affairs has about 9,000 employees that are just starting their furloughs. The shutdown is more fluid than people thought it would be. Tom Shoop is editor in chief of Government Executive Magazine. He says it's not a total surprise.
Federal News Radio
The government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways that's happening. But the authors of the report also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu provides a breakdown.
Also on the Show:
Robert Shea, left, and Karen Evans joined Francis Rose on the Federal News Countdown.
On Federal News Countdown, Robert Shea, principal at Grant Thornton, and Karen Evans, national director of the U.S. Cyber Challenge, count down the top stories with Francis Rose.
- Army announces Cybersecurity Collaborative Research
Alliance to explore
underlying cyber science (Army)
- GEOINT Symposium Postponed to Spring 2014
- Sullivan: AUSA Annual Meeting is a Go (AISA)
- Presolicitation Notice for One Acquisition Solution for Integrated
Services (OASIS). (GSA)
- Shutdown delays COLA announcement (Federal
- You Are Essential (GovLoop)