Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 4-7 p.m.
In Depth with Francis Rose features daily interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 4 to 7 p.m. or download his archived interviews below.
In Depth Show Blog - August 29, 2013
Friday - 8/30/2013, 2:16pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Federal Drive host
Federal News Radio
Former Air Force Secretary Michael Donley will lead a team to look for cuts in the Defense Department's overhead in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. But skeptics don't think he'll get very far, or make changes that will stick. My colleague Tom Temin from the Federal Drive isn't surprised.
Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
The administration has heavyweight allies in the fight against improper payments. Sens. Tom Carper (D-Del.) and Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), the chairman and ranking member respectively of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, want to give your agency more access to the Social Security Administration's Master Death File and they want that file to include better, cleaner information. Carper says this is just the latest collaboration with Coburn on improper payments.
Senior Advisor and Senior Fellow
Center for a New American Security
Changes in the military because of sequestration and other budget pressures may mean the forces have different priorities than they do today. Insiders say the Marine Corps wants a more robust Army to free the Marines up to focus again on operations at sea. The concept of "strategic landpower" is surfacing as each of the branches and the Defense Department as a whole to determine what their forces will look like five and 10 years from now. Retired Army Lt. Gen. David W. Barno is senior adviser and senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security.
Global Center of Excellence for Health at KPMG
The government's use and management and protection of health information data will draw more attention in the coming months. But the things you think will worry agencies most may not be the things that really worry them the most. John Teeter is managing director of the Global Center of Excellence for Health at KPMG and former deputy chief information officer at the Department of Health and Human Services.
Also on the Show:
On Industry Chatter, Peter Baumann, CEO and co-founder of Active Navigation, is a business builder who cut his teeth in the electronic publishing industry at Bureau van Dijk and then Standard & Poor's Global Markets. He has 25+ years international experience in high growth finance and technology industries.
Discussion Draft of the Preliminary Cybersecurity Framework (NIST)
- Ambassador Network Launches to Help Military Spouses Find Jobs
- U.S. spy network's successes, failures and objectives detailed in
'black budget' summary (The Washington Post)
- National Archives Issues Guidance for Managing Billions of Federal
Emails (National Archives and Records Administration)
- California Guard Deploys Predator to Support Firefighters (DoD)