Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - March 4, 2014
Tuesday - 3/4/2014, 10:18am EST
IBM Center for the Business of Government
President Obama unveils his 2015 budget request today. For the first time in recent memory, Congress completed its topline version of an upcoming budget on time. Still, the process is far from fixed.
We explore this topic in our special series, Now or Never: Ideas to Save the Failing Budget Process. Dan Chenok is executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government. He was a long-time staff member of the Office of Management and Budget. Chenok says the budget process can work well for long-term, predictable programs.
Government Transformation Initiative
It's time for Congress to start making tough budget, spending and tax choices. Otherwise, says David Walker, the nation's structural debts will keep spinning out of control. Walker is former U.S. comptroller general. Now he's chairman of the Government Transformation Initiative.
As part of our special series, Now or Never: Ideas to Save the Failing Budget Process, Walker says biennial budgets might help Congress focus on the oversight and authorization processes.
The Hill Newspaper
Can we guard our privacy in a big data world? President Barack Obama has told his advisers to review government and commercial practices on data collection. The White House and MIT held a conference yesterday in Cambridge. It looked at some of the ethical problems of data mining. The Hill's Julian Hattem writes about technology.