Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - February 13, 2014
Thursday - 2/13/2014, 9:42am EST
Counselor to the Assistant Secretary for Fish and Wildlife and Parks
The Endangered Species Act recently celebrated its 40th anniversary. It says 26 species have been successfully removed and recovered. But some in Congress think it's time for an overhaul. Michael Bean is a counselor to the assistant secretary for Fish and Wildlife and Parks at the Interior Department.
Director of External Affairs at the Office of Inspector General
Health and Human Services
There's no shortage of difficulties to investigate at federal agencies. That's why they have inspectors general. Health and Human Services has had its share of tsauris with the botched rollout of the Affordable Care Act and the health insurance exchange. For a look ahead at 2014, Tom and Emily talked to Erin Bliss, the director of external affairs at the HHS Office of Inspector General.
Chairman of the Labor and Employment Practice Group
The federal government is accused of being "dazed and confused" when it comes to marijuana. More states are legalizing it. President Barack Obama says it's no more dangerous than alcohol. But the Drug Enforcement Agency labels it a top-tier illegal drug and plans to keep it that way.
John Mahoney examines the tightrope the government is walking. He is chairman of the labor and employment group at the law firm Tully Rinckey.
Federal News Radio
The government releases final cybersecurity standards meant to help companies in critical industries protect their computer networks. Now agencies have until May to work the guidelines into their regulations. Federal News Radio's executive editor, Jason Miller, has details.
Federal News Radio
The Army launches an online tool to help soldiers and civilians employees get a grip on their health. It's not just about push-ups, fruits and veggies. The ArmyFit website lets users evaluate the emotional, social and spiritual dimensions, too. Lt. Col. Dan Johnston is the ArmyFit program manager. He speaks with Federal News Radio's DoD reporter, Jared Serbu.