Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - February 11, 2014
Tuesday - 2/11/2014, 12:16pm EST
The Federal Drive's Tom Temin was live at the Association of Government Accountants annual Leadership Training event today. Listen to Tom's interviews with Margo Sheridan, DoD's director of Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness, and Dennis Taitano, the Navy's deputy assistant secretary for Financial Operations, on the military's path to audit readiness, by visiting our conference page.
Vice President for Policy
Partnership for Public Service
The military has launched an ethics review following allegations of cheating, contracting kickbacks and more. For some perspective on ethics in the federal government, Tom and Emily spoke to John Palguta, vice president for policy at the Partnership for Public Service. He told them about the training all federal employees receive.
Senior Staff Attorney
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Want a drone but low on cash? Borrow one. Customs and Border Protection has shared its drones nearly 700 times in the past three years. That's according to agency flight logs obtained by the Electronic Frontier Foundation through an open records request. A lot of questions remain about drone safety and usefulness. Recently, CBP grounded a fleet after a mechanical failure forced it to crash one in the Pacific Ocean off San Diego. Jennifer Lynch, a senior staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, spoke to Federal News Radio's Lauren Larson about what she found in the documents.
It's debt ceiling time again. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew says the government won't be able to pay its bills after Feb. 27. On Capitol Hill, members are negotiating fast and furiously. Bob Cusack, managing editor of The Hill newspaper, spoke with Emily and Tom about the negotiations.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.