Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - February 3, 2014
Monday - 2/3/2014, 9:58am EST
Director of Strategic Issues
Government Accountability Office
The 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act gave federal agencies hundreds of billions of dollars to spend, mostly on grants. The stimulus bill may not have produced much economic growth. But it did usher in some new and promising practices for tracking the money and keeping all the spending accountable.
The Government Accountability Office has taken a fresh look at the lessons learned. For highlights, Tom and Emily spoke to Stan Czerwinski, GAO's director of strategic issues.
Director for Policy and Strategy
Chief of Navy Chaplains
For many members of the armed services, religion requires you to do certain things at certain times, or wear certain items that show your faith. Not surprisingly, this can clash with military procedures and codes of conduct.
Now the Pentagon has revised its policy on religious practices and clothing for service members. Jim Denley has more on the new policy. He's the director for Policy and Strategy at the Chief of Navy Chaplains in the Pentagon.
Public Policy Director
American Federation of Government Employees
President Barack Obama vows to sidestep Congress and take more executive actions to get things done. The largest federal employees union has suggestions for the President. Jacque Simon is public policy director for the American Federation of Government Employees. She tells what AFGE thinks should be the President's next steps.
Federal News Radio
The Homeland Security Department has been searching for a cost-effective way to tie together a vast array of IT systems so that mission users have access to vital information stored in DHS' various components. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports, after two recent pilots, DHS may have found a promising way forward.