Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - January 14, 2014
Tuesday - 1/14/2014, 10:08am EST
President and CEO
Congressional Management Foundation
The stereotypical Hill staffer is young, eager and doesn't stick around for long. The Congressional Management Foundation is finding more Capitol Hill employees could call it quits this year because of changes in health care benefits.
Most staffers now have to buy insurance through healthcare exchanges rather than the Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan. Brad Fitch is president and CEO of the Congressional Management Foundation.
The Army's Cyber Command Headquarters is moving down south to Fort Gordon, Ga. In a major consolidation effort, all of the cyber and network operations will get a single boss in Lt. Gen. Edward Cardon. It will be the first time in the command's history. Rodney Harris is the Command Sgt. Maj. of Army Cyber. He says this plan has been in the works for a while.
The Hill Newspaper
Lawmakers better pass that $1 trillion spending bill this week and tackle some other items, because they're leaving town next week. Pete Kasperowicz, staff writer at The Hill Newspaper, has more.
National Taxpayer Advocate
The IRS has had a rocky time in the last couple of years. It's been buffeted by budget cuts, nearly overwhelming numbers of tax code changes, and scandal in the tax exempt unit. To say nothing of furloughs and high turnover in senior leadership.
The agency can overcome most of it, but only if the first one — funding — is fixed. That's the view of National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson.
Vice President for Policy
Partnership for Public Service
It's January and there's a fresh new year ahead of you. What are your goals? How can you be a better manager? Vice President for Policy at the Partnership for Public Service John Palguta helps answer these questions and chart a course for a great 2014.