Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - January 9, 2014
Thursday - 1/9/2014, 8:29am EST
Office of Management & Budget
We talk a lot about contracts on this show, but the federal government awards even more money in grants — about a half trillion dollars in 2013. The Office of Management and Budget is trying to make it easier for agencies to manage that money. Norm Dong is the Interim Controller at OMB. He joins Tom and Emily to talk about the new guidelines.
Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit
The Special Operations Command is taking a cue from the Iron Man comics. It is developing body armor to rival that of the superhero. Imagine a suit that regulates body temperature, administers first aid and comes with computers to improve situational awareness.
Petrillo & Powell, PLLC
You never know what will happen when a contract award protest hits the Government Accountability Office. Sometimes case reviewers dig into the nitty gritty of bids and specifications. That's what happened in the case of Raytheon, the Navy and the electronic warfare pod. In this week's Legal Loop, procurement lawyer Joe Petrillo explains why the case is important.
At the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas the latest trends are on display. But don't expect gadgets like virtual reality glasses to become part of your work attire just yet. Jamison Cush is chief editor of TechTarget's Technology Guide. He joins Federal Drive live from Las Vegas with a glimpse of the newest tech toys and what feds can take away from CES this year.
Acting Assistant Secretary
Housing & Urban Development Department
It's almost time to hit the streets and count the number of homeless veterans. The departments of Housing and Urban Development and Veteran Affairs do this census each January. They are measuring their progress towards the Obama Administration's goal of ending veteran homelessness by next year. Mark Johnston is the acting assistant HUD secretary. He says that counting homeless veterans is not easy.
Federal News Radio
Trade association TechAmerica is re-emerging from a rough couple of months. Four executives left suddenly to start a public sector practice at a competing association. TechAmerica hired Mike Hettinger as its new senior vice president for the public sector. He's been charged with ensuring federal contractors that TechAmerica is committed to their cause.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.