Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Federal Drive Show Blog - December 30, 2013
Monday - 12/30/2013, 10:13am EST
Director of the Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise
University of Maryland
Now that the President has signed the 2014 budget and Defense authorization bills, what's next? As part of the Federal Drive series, Looking Ahead to 2014, a long time expert in defense management shares his thoughts.
Jacques Gansler is former undersecretary of Defense for acquisition, technology and logistics. He's now director at the Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise at the University of Maryland. Gansler describes the implications of the budget deal and the evolving priorities of the Pentagon.
Director of the Culture and Language Center
Air Force people, like many in the military and the federal government for that matter, can land almost anywhere in the world. The Air Force Culture and Language Center is creating new field guides to help deployed service members understand customs and cultural norms in other countries. Jay Warwick is the director of the center. He says one of the guides came in handy for recent relief efforts in the Philippines.