Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - December 17, 2013
Tuesday - 12/17/2013, 9:29am EST
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Senior Staff Writer
The Hill Newspaper
Today is the day for a key vote — one of several in the Senate — on a two-year federal budget deal. There are plenty of other items on the upper chamber's to-do list for this week. Alex Bolton is a senior staff writer at The Hill Newspaper.
Senior Vice President
People don't change much, but approaches to training and retaining so-called human capital are always evolving. Sandi Edwards is a senior vice president at AMA Enterprise. This part of the American Management Association provides human resources programs and support to federal agencies and the private sector. She discussed how federal human capital management and training compare to practices in the private sector.
Deputy Associate Administrator in the Office of Investment and Innovation
Small Business Administration
One of the Obama Administration's first online innovations is growing up. RFP-EZ is a tool meant to help small businesses navigate the federal procurement process and help federal agencies meet their small business contracting goals. Pravina Raghavan is the deputy associate administrator in the Office of Investment and Innovation at SBA. She takes a look at what's next for RFP-EZ.
Director for the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research
Food and Drug Administration
What keeps Food and Drug Administration regulators up at night? Fears that the nation could run out of critical medicine. The FDA recently proposed regulations, along with a strategic plan for preventing drug shortages. Dr. Janet Woodcock is director for drug evaluation and research at FDA. She tells more about what the FDA is doing.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.