Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - December 9, 2013
Monday - 12/9/2013, 10:05am EST
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
October was a bummer. Not just for federal employees, but pretty much for everyone. The market research firm ORI says the government shutdown affected 79 percent of organizations it surveyed for a new report. Co-Founder Kathy Benson has details.
Acting Associate Director
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Management experts agree, you get what you measure. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention set out to tackle six public health challenges it dubbed Winnable Battles. It set concrete metrics and measured progress against them. Now the CDC has issued a report card on the Winnable Battles. It shows mixed results. Kathleen Ethier is CDC's acting associate director.
Chief of Learning and Development
National Park Service
Tight budgets always seem to squeeze training and development. At the National Park Service, management faces two challenges related to its people: The workforce is aging, and the latest governmentwide employee viewpoint survey showed the agency has some work to do in keeping employees energized. Kathy Hanson is chief of learning and development at NPS. She explains how her team is tackling the problems.
Federal News Radio
The Defense Intelligence Agency is launching a project that it says will get around the notoriously slow procurement process for information technology and open the field to more innovators. Federal News Radio's DoD reporter Jared Serbu has the story.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.