Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - November 14, 2013
Thursday - 11/14/2013, 2:09pm EST
Chief Medical Informatics Officer
Veterans Health Administration
Leaders in the healthcare community are thinking of ways they can use data to improve the quality of health care.The Veterans Affairs and Defense departments have joined forces to create Vista Evolution — a system that allows the exchange of electronic health records information between the two. Theresa Cullen, Chief Medical Informatics Officer at the Veterans Health Administration and the head of the initiative, spoke with Emily about the next steps in the process. Emily caught up with Cullen at AFCEA Bethesda's Health IT Day.
Visit our conference page to listen to all of our interviews from the event.
Someday, unmanned aircraft of all sizes will be zipping around the country. But first, the FAA has to figure out how to let them operate safely in the air space. DreamHammer makes software that controls many types of drones. CEO Nelson Paez told Tom and Emily how he views the future of unmanned aircraft.
Petrillo and Powell
Federal buying officials cancelled tens of thousands of contract actions last month during the government shutdown. For contractors, it won't be easy to get that money back. When are claims valid and when should you just forget about it? For answers, Tom spoke to Joe Petrillo, a procurement attorney with the Washington law firm, Petrillo and Powell.
Federal News Radio
In his confirmation hearing, Jeh Johnson, President Barack Obama's nominee to lead the Homeland Security Department, garnered almost universal praise from senators for his qualifications and intellect. But at least two senators say they can't support his confirmation right now. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu reports.
Federal News Radio
Not one of the top federal technology officials testifying yesterday before House lawmakers accepted the blame for the failings of the HealthCare.gov portal. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa says technology failures are like orphans — no one takes responsibility. Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller followed the hearing. He filled Francis in on the contentious hearing, and the IT and procurement breakdowns that led to the HealthCare.gov debacle.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.