Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - November 4, 2013
Monday - 11/4/2013, 8:57am EST
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Each fiscal year presents new challenges for the Defense Department. And it's only going to get tougher. Defense experts say DoD has to to adjust its strategy in light of continued declines, both from sequestration and from earlier budget agreements. For the latest study on the future of DoD procurement, Tom and Emily spoke to Bloomberg's defense analyst, Kevin Brancato.
Director of Open Government Policy
Center for Effective Government
The Obama Administration says it's making strides to make information easily accessible to people. It announced a fresh set of commitments last week at the summit of the global Open Government Partnership. The director of Open Government Policy at the Center for Effective Government, Sean Moulton, has more.
The federal government is in the midst of overhauling the process and criteria for how it recognizes Indian tribes. Is this something that needs to be done? Attorney Judith Shapiro is a Washington sole-practitioner who represents Indian tribes. She says the process very much needs changing.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.