Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - October 21, 2013
Monday - 10/21/2013, 9:00am EDT
Senior Executive Adviser for Identity Management
National Institute of Standards and Technology
The National Institute of Standards and Technology is planting seeds for an online circle-of-trust. Over the past couple of months, it has awarded about $10 million in grants to research projects that will test online identity technologies. If successful, it could help the government guarantee the security of services it delivers online and encourage more agencies to go that route. Jeremy Grant is senior executive adviser for identity management at NIST.
Leader of Federal Human Capital Practice
The shutdown is over. Federal employees have caught up on email and are ready to work. But if you're a boss, you may worry about the lingering impact of the shutdown on your team's morale and dedication to the job. No fear: we've got some advice for you. It comes from Sean Morris, leader of Deloitte's Federal Human Capital Practice. He talks about what he calls his 10 steps for federal leaders to do after the shutdown.
Editorial Director of Security Media Group
Most of us can't do our jobs, pay our bills or make our lunch dates anymore without the Internet. But all the news about the National Security Agency's surveillance programs and companies' datamining efforts is stoking privacy concerns, even among those who say they have nothing to hide. Federal employees and government contractors, along with the rest of the internet users of the world, all want to know how they can control who sees what about them on the web. Robert Richardson is the editorial director of the Security Media Group at TechTarget. He describes the tools that have sprung up to meet the growing demand.
How unique and trackable is your web browser? Richardson recommends you test it here.
Federal News Radio
The Marine Corps has emphasized building support programs for military families to help cope with the last 12 years of high-tempo deployments. But like everything else in the Defense budget, those programs are being scaled back. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu has more on how the Marine Corps is trying to keep only its most effective programs.