Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - October 16, 2013
Wednesday - 10/16/2013, 10:18am EDT
President and CEO
National Association of Federal Credit Unions
Most federal employees, and some contractors, aren't getting paychecks because of the shutdown. But the bills keep coming. The National Treasury Employees Union has surveyed its members and concluded that most are worried about their finances as the shutdown drags on. There is help, if you know where to look. Dan Berger is president and CEO of the National Association of Federal Credit Unions. He talked about what kind of assistance is being offered.
Federal News Radio
What a roller coaster federal employees have been riding the last few months. That's also true for retirees. Senior Correspondent Mike Causey gives his perspective on the shutdown and other matters. He pointed out that retirees in and out of government are going to get a skimpy increase in benefits. And even that calculation came out late.
American Postal Workers Union
Members of the American Postal Workers Union have booted their current president and elected an upstart, Mark Dimondstein. In a campaign statement, Dimondstein cautions that there's no magic wand to fix the problems postal employees face. But he promises to establish a national program to retain full-time jobs, fight plant mergers and post-office closures.
Federal News Radio
The government hasn't paid federal contractors for two weeks now. Even when the shutdown ends, those paychecks won't come immediately. Some contractors, especially smaller ones, are now teetering on the edge of collapse. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller reports.
We heard about the shutdown's impact on federal contractors. It's hardest on the small fries who don't have a lot of cash reserves. But some of the bigger guns are celebrating victories that have gotten lost in the news cycle. Bloomberg Reporter Jonathan Salant has written about an end-of-fiscal-year buying spree at the Pentagon.