Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Federal Drive Show Blog - August 30, 2013
Friday - 8/30/2013, 11:26am EDT
This is the Federal Drive show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Senior Defense Analyst
Defense planners are finding more and more uses for unmanned aircraft. UAV's are less expensive to buy and maintain than manned aircraft. And no one is killed if one crashes or is shot down. It's all shaping up as a bonanza for makers of unmanned aerial vehicles. Bloomberg Government Senior Defense Analyst Rob Levinson puts some numbers on the military UAV market.
Federal News Radio
The Veterans Affairs Department is expanding a program designed to be an one-stop-shop for student veterans. It is putting full-time VA staff on college campuses across the country. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu has more.
As we mark the eighth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, more than 200 FEMA volunteers are in Vicksburg, Miss., not too far from the Gulf Coast. They are training to help with response and recovery during the next disaster. Over the past year, FEMA has worked to make its volunteers an integral part of the agency. President Barack Obama recently ordered other agencies to do the same. FEMA Deputy Administrator Rich Serino joined Tom and Emily.
Director of Education, Workforce and Income-Security Issues
Government Accountability Office
The United States has lost a third of its manufacturing jobs over the past decade. And while the federal government provides funding for research and development, it doesn't offer a lot to companies that could bring those inventions to the market. At Congress' request, the Government Accountability Office compared U.S. policies to those of four other countries. Andrew Sherrill is GAO's director of education, workforce and income-security issues, and he did the study.
Registered Employee Benefit Consultant
If our next guest has told us once, he's told us a million times: Plan ahead. So you've got your retirement and you've got your long term care insurance and you're feeling good. But what if your parents or another family member gets sick? Ed Zurndorfer is a Registered Employee Benefits Consultant.
Heard Tom and Emily talk about another story during the show, but don't see it here? Check out our daily federal headlines for the latest news affecting the federal community.