Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
NTEU rallies on the Hill to energize feds, educate lawmakers
Tuesday - 2/28/2012, 8:18pm EST
But with a Capitol Hill rally Wednesday and a three-day legislative conference to follow, union leaders and members want to make sure Congress is listening.
Colleen Kelley, NTEU's president, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what the union's priorities are as the conference kicks off, as well as what's on the agenda for the rest of the year.
Kelly said the top issues up for discussion are federal pay and retirement, staffing and funding levels at Customs and Border Protection, and identifying alternative cost-saving plans so lawmakers don't automatically target federal employees.
At the rally, Kelley and NTEU members will be joined by a number of lawmakers, including Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.) and Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) among others.
While not all lawmakers consider themselves friends of feds, that won't necessarily impede the union's efforts, Kelley suggested.
"There are those who are not so friendly and there are those who just don't have the facts," she said. "And we think that every one of them needs to be armed with — or at least be presented with — real facts about federal employee issues."