Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Option to put unused leave toward TSP part of House bill
Tuesday - 2/14/2012, 8:12am EST
One of the proposals that affects pay and benefits in the House includes a "terminal lump sum annual leave."
The provision — part of a larger transportation bill — would allow retiring federal employees to put their unused annual leave toward their TSP.
"It was not authorized in the TSP because contributions to the TSP must come from basic pay, and this is not basic pay. So this provision would change that," said Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, in an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose.
Trabucco said the provision has a good chance of passing because it is part of the larger highway bill, and Congress and the administration have "some agreement" on the bill.