Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
During tough times, great leadership is key. In our special report, Top Leaders in Federal Service, Federal News Radio profiles five of the greatest leaders in government today to find out what their secrets are to success. We also reveal the results of our survey examining federal employees' morale.
Online Chat: Tips to great leadership
Tuesday - 2/26/2013, 2:18pm EST
Suzanne Logan (Courtesy OPM)
But, what does it take to be a great leader in the federal government? Is it something that can be learned or do you have to be born with "it"? Plus, how should feds deal with ineffective leaders in their offices?
Suzanne Logan, the director of the Office of Personnel Management's Center for Leadership Development and Federal Executive Institute joined Federal News Radio for a special online chat about leadership in the federal ranks.
An archived version of the chat is available now below.
Logan has spent her entire career in a learning environment, with time as the chief academic officer for the Air War College at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama and 17 years as an academic administrator at Texas Tech University.
This online chat is part of Federal News Radio's special report, Top Leaders in Federal Service.
More From the Special Report: Top Leaders in Federal Service: