Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Latest on sequestration and military budgets
Wednesday - 5/15/2013, 5:31pm EDT
First up, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced yesterday that he was reducing the number of DoD furloughs to 11 days. The furloughs will begin July 8 and continue through the end of the fiscal year. Secretary Hagel made the announcement out a town hall meeting in Virginia. Francis aired Hagel's comments in full.
Also on the show, Francis aired portions of a Senate Appropriations hearing on the Army and Air Force's budget plans for fiscal 2014. Katherine Hammack, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy, and Environment; and Kathleen Ferguson, Acting Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Environment and Logistics, both testified. Listen to portions of their testimony above.