Overwhelmed by the FDCCI mandate?
Unsure if your agency is on track for compliance? Data Center experts at ThunderCat Technology can help you consolidate, relocate and maximize your data center assets. By leveraging NetApp agile storage solutions and proprietary consolidation tools, ThunderCat can help agencies achieve compliance and cut costs by up to 50% . For THE source for tips, tools and resources, visit fdcciconnect.com today.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
You do not appear to have Flash installed, or the version is too old. In order to enjoy our video experience, please install the most recent version of Adobe Flash.
Path to FDCCI Compliance
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 3:49pm EST
But consolidating data centers is far more than simply rolling the servers out of one data center, loading them on a truck, and re-installing them in another facility. Instead, it's a chance -- a necessity really -- to modernize the target center with more efficient equipment, virtualization and an optimized storage and data communications network, power and storage infrastructure. Consolidation reduces the number of servers, improves performance, and cuts energy consumption.
To explore progress so far on the FDCCI and to gauge where this initiative is headed, Thundercat Technology and NetApp convened a panel to discuss the technical, financial and operational challenges of data center consolidation. And share progress some of the success stories, and what's ahead for FDCCI.
Panelists appearing in the discussion are:
- Joseph F. Klimavicz, CIO, NOAA
- Bryan Dixon, Data Center Consolidation Program Lead, USDA
- Tom Deierlein, CEO, of ThunderCat Technology
- Mike Giesler, Vice President,Systems Engineering, NetApp, Inc.