Overwhelmed by the FDCCI mandate?
Unsure if your agency is on track for compliance? Data Center experts at ThunderCat Technology can help you consolidate, relocate and maximize your data center assets. By leveraging NetApp agile storage solutions and proprietary consolidation tools, ThunderCat can help agencies achieve compliance and cut costs by up to 50% . For THE source for tips, tools and resources, visit fdcciconnect.com today.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
You do not appear to have Flash installed, or the version is too old. In order to enjoy our video experience, please install the most recent version of Adobe Flash.
Path to FDCCI Compliance
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 3:49pm EST
But consolidating data centers is far more than simply rolling the servers out of one data center, loading them on a truck, and re-installing them in another facility. Instead, it's a chance -- a necessity really -- to modernize the target center with more efficient equipment, virtualization and an optimized storage and data communications network, power and storage infrastructure. Consolidation reduces the number of servers, improves performance, and cuts energy consumption.
To explore progress so far on the FDCCI and to gauge where this initiative is headed, Thundercat Technology and NetApp convened a panel to discuss the technical, financial and operational challenges of data center consolidation. And share progress some of the success stories, and what's ahead for FDCCI.
Panelists appearing in the discussion are:
- Joseph F. Klimavicz, CIO, NOAA
- Bryan Dixon, Data Center Consolidation Program Lead, USDA
- Tom Deierlein, CEO, of ThunderCat Technology
- Mike Giesler, Vice President,Systems Engineering, NetApp, Inc.