Overwhelmed by the FDCCI mandate?
Unsure if your agency is on track for compliance? Data Center experts at ThunderCat Technology can help you consolidate, relocate and maximize your data center assets. By leveraging NetApp agile storage solutions and proprietary consolidation tools, ThunderCat can help agencies achieve compliance and cut costs by up to 50% . For THE source for tips, tools and resources, visit fdcciconnect.com today.
Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
You do not appear to have Flash installed, or the version is too old. In order to enjoy our video experience, please install the most recent version of Adobe Flash.
Path to FDCCI Compliance
Thursday - 1/17/2013, 3:49pm EST
But consolidating data centers is far more than simply rolling the servers out of one data center, loading them on a truck, and re-installing them in another facility. Instead, it's a chance -- a necessity really -- to modernize the target center with more efficient equipment, virtualization and an optimized storage and data communications network, power and storage infrastructure. Consolidation reduces the number of servers, improves performance, and cuts energy consumption.
To explore progress so far on the FDCCI and to gauge where this initiative is headed, Thundercat Technology and NetApp convened a panel to discuss the technical, financial and operational challenges of data center consolidation. And share progress some of the success stories, and what's ahead for FDCCI.
Panelists appearing in the discussion are:
- Joseph F. Klimavicz, CIO, NOAA
- Bryan Dixon, Data Center Consolidation Program Lead, USDA
- Tom Deierlein, CEO, of ThunderCat Technology
- Mike Giesler, Vice President,Systems Engineering, NetApp, Inc.