Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Managing the fear of cutbacks among federal workers
Tuesday - 11/9/2010, 2:19pm EST
Presumptive House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) did not give a definitive answer on whether or not Congressional leaders would allow a government shutdown.
The Atlantic Wire shares some different opinions on the possibility of fault -- one from Think Progress' Ian Millhiser who wrote the result of a shutdown would mean sending home every federal employee.
The Washington Post's Federal Coach Tom Fox offers some suggestions to managers about how to keep employees calm and focused in the amidst the possibility pay freezes or cuts, hiring freezes and furloughs.
Fox tells managers to focus on the agency's mission and find out what employees' concerns are.
"Let your employees know that you'll share any good or bad news as soon as you receive it," Fox suggests.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.