Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Shutdown poll: Will they or won't they?
Wednesday - 9/25/2013, 1:39pm EDT
The deadline for Congress to pass a funding bill — Sept. 30 — is inching closer. Shutdown threats and last-minute deals have become relatively common in recent years. In April 2011, lawmakers went to the 11th hour — literally — before coming up with short-term spending deal to stave off a government shutdown.
The last actual shutdown hit the government in mid-December 1995 and lasted into early 1996, for a total of 21 days.
So, what do you think? After all the political rhetoric and wrangling, is the government heading for a shutdown — this time for certain?
Take our poll and let us know what you think the odds are. Also, leave us a comment and share your thoughts. Were you around for the 1995-1996 shutdown? How do you remember it? If there is one this time, how do you think it will play out?
You can also leave a comment on our Facebook page.