Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
ELC to begin processing refunds this week
Wednesday - 11/14/2012, 6:21pm EST
The conference, sponsored by the American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC), was scheduled to kick off Oct. 28 but was canceled in advance of Hurricane Sandy's landfall along the East Coast. The conference, which has been held annually since 1990, takes place in Williamsburg, Va.
"We would like to thank you for your patience as we have worked through our internal systems to process this volume of refunds," Kenneth Allen, the executive director of ACT-IAC, wrote in a email to ELC registrants. "We are now implementing that process, we will begin processing refunds by the end of the week."
Allen's full email:
|From: Kenneth Allen
Subject: Update on ELC Refunds
Dear ELC registrant:
I wanted to let you know the status of refunds for ELC registrations.
We would like to thank you for your patience as we have worked through our internal systems to process this volume of refunds. We are now implementing that process, we will begin processing refunds by the end of the week.
If your ELC registration was paid via credit card, the refund will be processed back to that credit card. If your registration was paid via check or wire transfer, a refund check will be issued. If you were part of a group registration, a single refund for all the individuals in that group will be processed. The group refund will be made via the same method as the original payment (either credit card or check).
If you paid to play in the golf tournament, a separate credit card refund or check will be issued for that fee.
Finally, if you paid a deposit to stay in one of the Colonial Williamsburg properties, and have not received a refund for your one night's deposit please email Dotty Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for your understanding.
KENNETH B. ALLEN