Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
MSPB reports 32,000+ furlough appeals during FY2013
Tuesday - 9/10/2013, 8:46pm EDT
Of the 32,000 furlough appeals, 99 percent were from civilian employees of the Department of Defense.
"Recall back in July, we were getting thousands every day," MSPB Chairwoman Susan Tsui Grundmann said on the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp. "The wave seems to have crested."
The furlough appeals are in addition to the 6,000 the board has received on other topics. In a typical year, the board processes between 6,000-7,000 appeals on a variety of subjects.
Now the board is consolidating the appeals, preparing them for adjudication.
"Our regulations allow our administrative judges to consolidate cases with similar issues that would expedite the adjudication process. And I'm talking about same witnesses, same evidence, same location — those are all factors," Grundmann said.
According to the website, MSPB's regional offices have docketed nearly all of the furlough appeals.