Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Chollet, Hicks nominated for new roles at DoD
Monday - 3/19/2012, 6:15am EDT
President Barack Obama nominated two candidates Friday for positions at the Defense Department: Dr. Kathleen H. Hicks, as the principal deputy under secretary of defense for Policy, and Derek H. Chollet, as assistant secretary of defense for International Security Affairs.
Hicks is currently the deputy under secretary of defense for Strategy, Plans, and Forces. From 2006-09, she acted as a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Prior to that, she occupied various career civil service positions at the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense, including director for Homeland Defense Strategic Planning and Program Integration and director for Policy Planning.
Chollet is currently the senior director for Strategic Planning for the National Security Staff at the White House. He served from 2009-11 as principal deputy director in the Office of Policy Planning at the Department of State. Before that, Chollet served from 2007-09 as a senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security and was a nonresident fellow at the Global Economy and Development Program at the Brookings Institution from 2006-09. During that same period, he was also an adjunct associate professor for the Security Studies Program at Georgetown University.
From 2005-07, he was a fellow for the International Security Program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Chollet also acted as chief speechwriter for the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Richard Holbrooke and was a special adviser to Deputy Secretary of State Strobe Talbott.
Early in his career, Chollet worked as a research assistant for Warren Christopher, Richard Holbrooke and James A. Baker III. He has a B.A. from Cornell University.
Hicks has an A.B. from Mount Holyoke College, an M.P.A. from the University of Maryland, and a Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.