Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Breakdown of cuts in 3-week spending bill
Thursday - 3/17/2011, 5:45pm EDT
Congress still has not voted on a budget for the remaining six months in this fiscal year.
The temporary spending bill on its way to the president is the sixth in this budget cycle. It would cut $6 billion in domestic spending, including $3.5 billion in program terminations.
According to the House Appropriations Committee website, some of the terminations include:
- Homeland Security - Customs and Border Protection - Construction: $107 million.
- Social Security - Internet Technology Funds - $200 million
- Agriculture - Single Family Housing = $144 million
- Commerce - Census Rescission = $1.74 billion.
- Labor - Community Service Employment for Older Americans = $225 million
- Health and Human Services - Parklawn Building Lease = $35 million
- National Park Service - Construction Funding Rescission = $25 million