Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Breakdown of cuts in 3-week spending bill
Thursday - 3/17/2011, 5:45pm EDT
Congress still has not voted on a budget for the remaining six months in this fiscal year.
The temporary spending bill on its way to the president is the sixth in this budget cycle. It would cut $6 billion in domestic spending, including $3.5 billion in program terminations.
According to the House Appropriations Committee website, some of the terminations include:
- Homeland Security - Customs and Border Protection - Construction: $107 million.
- Social Security - Internet Technology Funds - $200 million
- Agriculture - Single Family Housing = $144 million
- Commerce - Census Rescission = $1.74 billion.
- Labor - Community Service Employment for Older Americans = $225 million
- Health and Human Services - Parklawn Building Lease = $35 million
- National Park Service - Construction Funding Rescission = $25 million