Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Executive Leadership Conference
The American Council for Technology and the Industry Advisory Council's Executive Leadership Conference brings together government and industry leaders to address acquisition, security, and human capital challenges in an increasingly mobile world.
Death of the catchphrase 'more with less'?
Tuesday - 10/25/2011, 5:39pm EDT
"The vibe down there was darker than it's been for awhile," said Tom Shoop, editor- in-chief of Government Executive, in an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose.
Shoop said some agency executives are painting a grim picture &mdash one that feds are just starting to realize.
Agencies are now more receptive to how the private sector runs its businesses for ways to be more efficient.
"A lot of these companies don't have sympathy for the predicament of government," Shoop said. "They've been forced to make serious decisions since the economy went south. And there's this sense that it's government's turn."