Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Executive Leadership Conference
The American Council for Technology and the Industry Advisory Council's Executive Leadership Conference brings together government and industry leaders to address acquisition, security, and human capital challenges in an increasingly mobile world.
Death of the catchphrase 'more with less'?
Tuesday - 10/25/2011, 5:39pm EDT
"The vibe down there was darker than it's been for awhile," said Tom Shoop, editor- in-chief of Government Executive, in an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose.
Shoop said some agency executives are painting a grim picture &mdash one that feds are just starting to realize.
Agencies are now more receptive to how the private sector runs its businesses for ways to be more efficient.
"A lot of these companies don't have sympathy for the predicament of government," Shoop said. "They've been forced to make serious decisions since the economy went south. And there's this sense that it's government's turn."