Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Amazon Web Services helps Public Sector
organizations achieve success in the cloud.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is helping
Governments and Educational Institutions find
ways cloud services can be employed to reduce
costs, drive further research and development,
and increase innovation across the globe.
AWS provides organizations of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. One of the key benefits of cloud computing is the opportunity to replace up- front capital infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale with your needs. With the cloud, organizations no longer need to plan for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months in advance. Instead, they can instantly spin up hundreds or thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster.
AWS builds services in accordance with customer mandates and security best practices to provide end-to-end security and end-to-end privacy. AWS provides appropriate security features in those services, and documents how to use those features. AWS' compliance framework covers FISMA, PCI DSS, ISO 27001, SOC 1/SSAE 16/ISAE 3402 (formerly SAS 70 Type II), and HIPAA. For more information about the security capabilities of each service in the AWS cloud, consult the white paper "Amazon Web Services: Risk and Compliance."
Meeting Mandates with Flexible Cloud Solutions that Offer Cost Savings and Improve Application Delivery Time
Tuesday - 9/18/2012, 4:36pm EDT
Developers in public sector are trying to meet mandates with flexible cloud solutions that offer cost savings and improve application delivery time. Mark Ryland, the Chief Solutions Architect for Amazon Web Services' Worldwide Public Sector discusses how AWS is the right cloud solution from a developer's perspective:
Amazon Web Services focuses on providing developers flexibility and choice within our cloud Infrastructure. Developers can pick and choose the capabilities they need from a rich suite of services, provision them immediately, and pay for only what they need, when they need it. The AWS cloud gives developers the security and agility they require to meet their agency's fast-changing needs, while dramatically reducing costs and "time to mission".
Join AWS at the Public Sector Summit to learn more. October 10 in Washington D-C. Visit aws.amazon.com/gov to register.