Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
MSPB reports 32,000+ furlough appeals during FY2013
Tuesday - 9/10/2013, 8:46pm EDT
Of the 32,000 furlough appeals, 99 percent were from civilian employees of the Department of Defense.
"Recall back in July, we were getting thousands every day," MSPB Chairwoman Susan Tsui Grundmann said on the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp. "The wave seems to have crested."
The furlough appeals are in addition to the 6,000 the board has received on other topics. In a typical year, the board processes between 6,000-7,000 appeals on a variety of subjects.
Now the board is consolidating the appeals, preparing them for adjudication.
"Our regulations allow our administrative judges to consolidate cases with similar issues that would expedite the adjudication process. And I'm talking about same witnesses, same evidence, same location — those are all factors," Grundmann said.
According to the website, MSPB's regional offices have docketed nearly all of the furlough appeals.