Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Pentagon Solutions: DoD has only 'limited flexibility' to handle sequestration
Wednesday - 9/26/2012, 5:28pm EDT
Earlier this month, the White House released the congressionally mandated Sequestration Transparency Act, which listed the effect of the cuts across 1,200 budget account areas. Overall, Defense accounts will be cut by 9.4 percent, according to the report.
Hale told lawmakers in his prepared testimony the cuts will impact readiness and training efforts and "almost certainly force us to reduce funding for civilian personnel."
Hale added: "Although it is premature to describe in detail how sequestration would affect the DoD civilian workforce, it might be necessary to impose a hiring freeze, though we would seek to exempt certain critical positions), consider unpaid furloughs, and take other actions.